What's up gang and welcome to another Wrestling Lockup with Brandon special edition. As always brought to you by my good friends at Triple Threat CLE. Last night's pay per view took place live in our hometown of Cleveland, Ohio, at Quicken Loans Arena. Tables, Ladders, Chairs and Stairs marked the last pay per view of 2014, as the new year is a few short weeks away. Let's get to last night's results.
*** Preshow ***
*** Tables, Ladders, Chairs and Stairs 2014***
- It's official, Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena at Royal Rumble for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
- Backstage Segment with Roman Reigns: Reigns said he'd be back and he will be in the Royal Rumble next month. Believe That.
Ambrose and Wyatt fight into the crowd, where Ambrose climbs onto, then jumps off the preshow announcers table, onto Wyatt. Ambrose tosses Wyatt into the barricade and into the ring post. Ambrose hits Wyatt in the gut and in the back with a chair. Ambrose throws chairs into the ring then sets up a table. Ambrose grabs a kendo stick and unloads on Wyatt with it, then hits the kendo stick leg sweep. Ambrose hits an elbow drop with the chair on Wyatt from the turn buckle. Ambrose chokes Wyatt with the kendo stick, makes him sit in the chair then hits and chokes Wyatt some more with the kendo stick. Wyatt shoves Ambrose off the ropes and Ambrose falls through a table. Wyatt tosses Ambrose into the barricade and gets a near fall. Wyatt hits Ambrose with the kendo stick, repeatedly, then sends Ambrose face first into the point of the stick. Wyatt hits Ambrose with a ladder then lands a back senton on Ambrose, on the ladder, for a near fall.
*** My Thoughts ***
- Ziggler winning the IC-Title in his Cleveland hometown was a feel good moment. But does this mean he'll be pushed back into mid card status again? After his great showing a Survivor Series he should be main eventing now, not stuck with the mid card title.
- Miz and Sandow retaining makes sense. The fans hate Miz but love Sandow. The only way I could see them dropping the titles is if Sandow and Miz split.
- Big Show beating Rowan, to me makes me think Rowan will become a future jobber now.
- Cena winning unfortunately is what the WWE choose. Even though there are a lot more opponents I could see facing Lesnar at Royal Rumble. But we're being fed the slogan to this match as the last time Cena and Lesnar will ever face each other. As Tony Schivone of WCW once said....."That'll put butts in seats".
- Nikki retaining against A.J. makes sense. Nikki is now the John Cena of the Divas Division, since she's sleeping with him. And A.J. is still rumored to be leaving soon.
- Ryback winning shows the WWE is still trying to rebuild Ryback slowly. And Kane did what Big Show didn't do to his up and comer opponent...jobbed to him.
- Rusev beating Swagger makes sense. Rusev is still gaining major heat as the unbeatable Russian beast that has the United States Championship held hostage. And Rusev's loss needs to be against a memorable opponent. (Still wishing for that Kurt Angle WWE return but it's not happening).
- Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose, either one winning I would have been happy with. Bray I think needed this win more then Ambrose and he got it. This was Dean Ambrose's third pay per view main event this year, his push is going good.
Till next time, tap or snap.