The Weekend 3 Count is brought to you by Triple Threat CLE.
*** Weekend Flashback ***
This week we're going back to WCW Nitro where Ric Flair defended the WCW World Heavyweight Championship against The Giant.
Ric Flair vs. The Giant (Big Show): WCW 1996
*** WWE News and Rumors ***
- UFC is still showing interest in WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Brock Lesnar. UFC stated that if Lesnar is willing to commit and wants to come back, they will welcome him back. Lesnar's current WWE contract expires after Wrestlemania.
- Brock Lesnar is now being advertised to return at the 12/15 RAW. Lesnar will begin working his next storyline leading into the Royal Rumble.
- Sting has signed a performance contract with WWE for six appearances. He has used one already, which was his Survivor Series appearance. And we all know he's wrestling at Wrestlemania, that'll be his second. Which leaves four appearances left on his contract from now till Wrestlemania.
- Triple H and Stephanie McMahon will appear on the cover of the newest issue of Muscle and Fitness. Triple H and Stephanie McMahon have also released work out DVD's.
- Speaking of the power couple, word going around backstage at RAW was most of the WWE talent avoided Triple H and Stephanie. The power couple was rumored to be still pretty pissed off about CM Punk and his podcast last week.
- As for RAW and Smackdown GM's? It appears RAW will go a few more weeks with acting GM's until a permanent one appears. No word on how long until a permanent one appears on Smackdown.
- Seth Green will host RAW tomorrow night. (Excitement at Level 5 right now). RAW will also be the yearly Slammy Awards Show.
- Mick Foley recently told fans that there is a chance he might appear on tomorrow's RAW for the Slammy Award Edition episode. Nothing has been made official as of yet.
- Roman Reigns is being advertised to return at the 12/16 Smackdown taping in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Chris Jericho recently did a Q&A on Twitter and was asked about a Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania 31 appearance. Jericho stated he would not be at either event.
- This past Friday's Smackdown, Dean Ambrose, was attacked by Bray Wyatt and taken off on a stretcher. The WWE storyline they are using is Dean Ambrose suffered a crushed trachea.
- WWE Superstar, Heath Slater, appears to be in trouble. It was reported earlier this week that an arrest warrant was issued on Slater by Channel 5 in Atlanta. Slater is being accused of putting a female security guard in a choke hold and attempting to drag her to his hotel room, during Wrestlemania 27 weekend. Corrine Oliver, the security guard, is claiming that the attack caused damage to five vertebraes in her back. Oliver claimed to have waited to file a police report three months later. I'll be keeping an eye on this story.
- Heath Slater, went to Twitter and stated that he is innocent and once the judge hears the evidence, he knows the charges will be dropped.
- Top Independent wrestler, Uhaa Nation, is rumored to be on the WWE's watch list. Another rumor stated that Nation is ready to sign a contract with WWE. Nation, who competes with PCW wrestling recently defeated former WWE superstar, Chris Masters, to win the PCW World Title. I'll be keeping an eye on this story to see if Nation in fact signs with the WWE.
- Third generation wrestler Tessa Blanchard, daughter of WWE Hall of Famer, Tully Blanchard, is receiving a WWE tryout. Tully Blanchard, was a member of one of the most famous factions of all time, The Four Horsemen.
- Word going around is we should be seeing NXT's The Ascension making their debut on WWE TV soon. Right now, word is they have filmed their entrance video already and are looking at possibly promoting The Ascension to RAW after NXT's next pay per view on December 11th.
- "Stone Cold" Steve Austin had a live podcast, right after RAW this past Monday, on the WWE Network. The man himself, Vince McMahon, was Austin's guest. Austin held nothing back, as he asked Vince questions about CM Punk's recent podcast lashing on the WWE. Austin also asked questions about the WWE Network, What Vince looks for in up and coming talent, Austin's run in WWE and many other questions.
- If you own or plan on purchasing WWE2K15, don't create Chris Benoit as a playable character then upload him online. Apparently WWE are banning gamers that create the late WWE Superstar, then upload him to others. As we all know, Benoit, was accused of murdering his wife and child then took his own life after. WWE, since, has tried to erase any signs of Chris Benoit ever existing in the WWE.
*** TNA News and Rumors ***
- Dixie Carter announced that their three city tour of the UK, January 29th-31st, will be televised for TNA Impact.
- Dixie Carter was interviewed this week and asked questions about TNA's new television home, Destination America, her opinion on what Vince McMahon recently said about TNA not being competition and other questions. You can check out that interview here.
Dixie Carter Responds To Vince McMahon, Talks TNA and Destination America, Lashley and More
- It appears that Kurt Angle has officially re-signed with TNA. Angle made the announcement official while on Vince Russo's podcast this week.
- TNA Knockout, Brittany, has left TNA. Brittany's contract with TNA expired at the end of November and she decided not to re-sign with the company.
*** GFW News and Rumors ***
- GFW is continuing to promote their first pay per view on January 4th, entitled Wrestle Kingdom 9, with more trailers for the show. You can check out the newest one with Davey Boy Smith Jr. (Son of the late "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith) promoting the product.
*** Other Wrestling News ***
- CM Punk will be appearing at Challenger Comics in Chicago, Illinois on February 28th, 2015. Punk will be signing autographs and promoting his first comic book, Thor Annual #1.
- CM Punk returned to Colt Cabana's podcast show this week where he talked more about the WWE and responded to Vince McMahon's apology he gave on the Steve Austin podcast. You can listen to that here
- UFC president, Dana White, met with CM Punk at UFC 181 on Saturday. Punk officially announced that he has signed with UFC and will compete in the octagon in 2015.
- And it appears that MMA fighters are coming out of the woodwork and want a piece of CM Punk. Former UFC star “The New York Bad Ass” Phil Baroni has already posted the following on his Instagram: “I’ll bust you up. Call Coker , move da f*cking needle. Wa Wa 3H was mean to me. Vince owes me. Wa Wa. . Your gona love MMA and @Danawhite it’s so fair ova here. Ryback hurt you? I’ll break your f*cking Neck #whineybitch
- CM Punk has officially opened his own website and is selling t-shirts for $19.99.
CM Punk Launches His Own Website
- Bully Ray recently sent a tweet out to Paul Heyman on Twitter, making a challenge to WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Brock Lesnar. Bully Ray stated that he is the 1 that can defeat the 1 who put the 1 in 21-1.
- Matt Hardy and his wife, Reby Sky, are expecting their first child together.
- Former WCW wrestler and current Lucha Underground manager, Konnan, was arrested a few weekends back at the Chargers/Raiders football game. According to Konnan, he was going to get Rey Mysterio's keys to his car and supposedly crossed a line that he wasn't allowed to cross. End result, Konnan, was grabbed by a San Diego police officer and arrested. Konnan was released later in the day with no charges.
- Former WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Dave Batista, will be playing a villain in the upcoming new James Bond movie titled "Spectre".
- The Rock is currently being looked at and may have possibly already accepted a role as the main character in the fifth installment of The Transformers film series.
- Future Hardcore Diva? Mick Foley stated recently that his daughter, Noelle Foley, has been training and wants to follow in her father's footsteps as a professional wrestler.
And that's this weekend's 3 Count. Join me every Sunday afternoon as I post news around WWE, TNA, GFW and around the wrestling world. Till next week, tap or snap.