Week 9 of the NFL starts this Thursday with an AFC North match-up between the last place Cleveland Browns, and the undefeated, first place Cincinnati Bengals.
The Bengals are coming off of a come from behind win against the Pittsburgh Steelers, while the Browns are still recovering from their loss against the Arizona Cardinals. When these teams face off, it will be almost one year (Nov. 6, 2014) since the Browns defeated the Bengals in Cincinnati 24-3 on national TV. Ever since that night, the Browns have only won three games total.
Oh yeah, and Josh McCown can barely breathe, so Johnny Manziel will get his second start of the season.
1. The Browns must find a way to protect Manziel and give him a clean pocket.
2. Somehow, the Browns need to take pressure off Manziel and consistently be able to run the ball.
3. Manziel needs to find other receivers to throw to other than Travis Benjamin.
4. The Browns defense must put pressure on Andy Dalton. Haden has had his issues, but he's done a pretty good job of defending AJ Green.
5. The Browns defense must get off the field after 3rd down. Arizona was 13-16 on 3rd downs last week.
My prediction: Bengals 31, Browns 13.
When: Thursday 11/05 8:25 PM
Where: Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio
TV/Radio: NFL Network, WKNR 850 Cleveland, WKRK 92.3 The Fan, WNCX 98.5