Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE brings you the Weekend 3 Count. W3C brings you wrestling news, rumors and recaps from around the wrestling world. You'll find news rumors and recaps involving WWE, NXT, Impact, ROH, Lucha Underground, NJPW, House of Hardcore, NWA, ICW, CZW, FIP, PWG, AAW, EVOLVE, PROGRESS, SHINE, SHIMMER, BEYOND and any Indy promotion that I find an interesting story or a cool discovery in. Be sure to check out the W3C every Sunday afternoon at @TripleThreatCLE
** Theme Song of the Week **
This week's theme song goes to Power Trip with their song Executioners Tax, which will be one of the NXT WarGames theme songs.
*** WWE ***
- Roman Reigns Update: WWE announced this week that due to Roman Reigns' viral infection, there is still a possibility that he won't be back for WWE Survivor Series.
- Team RAW's 5 Man Team Finalized: It was announced this past week on RAW that the following five men will represent Team RAW at WWE Survivor Series: Kurt Angle, Braun Strowman, Samoa Joe, Finn Balor and Jason Jordan.
- New Champions Crowned On RAW: This past Monday on RAW, Sheamus and Cesaro defeated Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins to win the WWE RAW World Tag Team Championship.
- New Champion Crowned On Smackdown Live: This past Tuesday on Smackdown Live, AJ Styles defeated Jinder Mahal to become the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion.
- Two More Women Added To Team RAW's 5 Women Team: This past week on RAW, team captain Alicia Fox and team mate Nia Jax added Bayley and Sasha Banks to their team for WWE Survivor Series. There is still one spot left open.
- John Cena Added to Team Smackdown Live: Shane McMahon announced this past week that John Cena will take the fifth and final spot on Team Smackdown Live at WWE Survivor Series.
- Josh Bredl Released: PWInsider reported last week that Tough Enough winner Josh Bredl was released from WWE. Bredl was supposed to be performing under the name Bronson Mathews after winning a contract in 2015, however he never actually got things started in NXT.
- Issues With Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens: Sports Illustrated, Pro Wrestling Sheet and PWInsider reported this week that Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens were both sent home from the current WWE European tour after this week's SmackDown in Manchester, England. Sources confirmed that Zayn and Owens both have heat for "going into business for themselves" during Smackdown Live. According to sources Zayn and Owens were scripted to take a beat down by The New Day after the Zayn vs. Kofi Kingston match, however, both Owens and Zayn made the decision to go off script and leave the ring instead. Reports are also claiming that both Zayn and Owens have been upset with their current storyline and places in the company.
- WWE Signs Rockstar Spud: WWE announced this week that they have signed former Impact wrestler Rockstar Spud to a WWE contract. Spud will immediately be added to the 205 Live roster and show.
- The Montreal Screwjob: This week marked the 20th Anniversary of one of the most famous stories in WWE history, The Montreal Screwjob. Bret Hart, who was the WWE World Heavyweight Champion at the time, signed with WCW and was on his way out of the company. Hart promised to vacate the title on his last scheduled appearance on Monday Night RAW. Vince McMahon didn't want to take the chance of Hart no showing his last scheduled appearance and taking the title with him to WCW, because WCW President Eric Bischoff pulled that stunt in the past with Alundra Blayze and the WWE Women's Championship. Vince McMahon ended up going behind Bret Hart's back at WWE Survivor Series 1997 and made the decision to give Shawn Michaels the title. Vince worked out a plan with Michaels and referee Earl Hebner to ring the bell and award Michaels the title when Michaels applied the sharpshooter on Hart. The idea went as planned and Hart was screwed out of the title at WWE Survivor Series in Montreal. To this day many wonder if all parties, including Hart, knew this was going to happen or if Hart was really screwed over without knowing it was happening.
** 205 Live Recap **
- The Enzo Show: WWE Cruiserweight Champion Enzo Amore kicked off 205 Live with his new talk show The Enzo Show. Enzo's guests were superstars from the United Kingdom division in the WWE. Enzo introduced the superstars one by one to see which ones wanted to get on the Zo Train. Enzo gets to Tyler Bate and insults Bate to his face. Bate drops Enzo with a punch and leaves him laid out to the delight of the Manchester, England fans.
- Jack Gallagher Turns On His Hometown Then Battled Kalisto: In the first match of 205 Live, #1 Contender to the WWE Cruiserweight Championship, Kalisto, battled Jack Gallagher. Before the match Jack Gallagher insulted his own hometown of Manchester and caught heat from the fans. Kalisto takes the match with Salida Del Sol on Gallagher for the pinfall.
- Enzo Amore Strikes Back: The main event of the show saw WWE Cruiserweight Champion Enzo Amore battle Tyler Bate in a non title match. Amore got his revenge on Bate from his cheap shot earlier in the show and scores the pinfall. After the match, Enzo continues the beat down on Bate until Kalisto hits the ring and makes the save to close out the show.
*** NXT ***
- Pete Dunn Defending The WWE United Kingdom Championship: NXT announced this week that Pete Dunne will defend his WWE United Kingdom Championship at NXT WarGames against Johnny Gargano.
- New Match Added To WarGames: NXT announced this week that Kassius Ohno will battle Lars Sullivan at NXT WarGames.
*** Impact Wrestling ***
** Impact TV Recap **
- Eli Drake and Chris Adonis are in the ring. Drake brags about retaining the title at Bound For Glory and calls it a perfect night accept for Alberto El Patron returning. Petey Williams interrupts, says Drake has never beaten him and both men begin brawling. Williams attempts a Canadian Destroyer on Drake, but Adonis pulls Drake to safety.
- Matt Sydal defeated Sonjay Dutt, by pinfall with a Shooting Star Press.
- Ethan Carter confronts Matt Sydal and calls him a choker because he loses in the big matches. EC3 calls himself the grandest champion of them all with the Impact Grand Championship. Sydal challenges EC3, but EC3 says no.
- "GHC Championship Match": Eddie Edwards (c) defeated El Hijo del Fantasma, by pinfall with an enziguri and Die Hard Fusion to retain the title.
- "Six Man Tag Team Match": oVe and Sami Callihan defeated Phil Atlas, Ray Steele, and Marcus Burke, by pinfall after Callihan tosses Atlas to Jake Crist, who hits a Cutter on Atlas.
- LAX attack oVe and Sami Callihan from behind. oVe get tossed outside as Homicide beats down Callihan. Homicide goes for his finisher, but Callihan counters it and escapes to the floor.
- Allie defeated KC Spinelli, by pinfall with the Allie Valley Driver.
- Johnny Impact and Alberto El Patron Confrontation: Impact finds Alberto El Patron backstage and a brawl breaks out. Braxton Sutter and Caleb Konley arrive and start brawling too. Impact and El Patron brawl outside the building and through the backstage area, as security try to separate both men. Impact leaps off a soda machine and takes out all the security men. El Patron and Impact brawl to the ring where Impact is sent into the steel steps. El Patron tells security to do their job and keep Impact away from him. Impact taunts El Patron by stating that El Patron's father is embarrassed of him. El Patron shoves past security and the brawl continues in the ring. El Patron takes control and DDT's Impact. El Patron shoves security away and then locks Impact in the cross arm breaker submission. El Patron is finally pulled off Impact to end the show.
- Bram Leaves Impact Wrestling: Impact Wrestling announced this past week that Bram has left Impact Wrestling.
- Taya Valkyrie vs. Rosemary Match Cancelled: Impact Wrestling announced on Saturday that the Taya Valkyrie vs. Rosemary match at Impact Bound For Glory had been cancelled. According to reports Taya Valkyrie dropped out due to personal reasons.
- Alberto El Patron Returns: Last weekend at Impact Bound For Glory, Alberto El Patron returned. El Patron appeared to return as a heel as he claimed to have given his heart and soul to Impact, but he was screwed over by the company. El Patron accused Impact Wrestling of listening to bs internet rumors instead of learning the facts. El Patron claimed that no one cared about him or his family and he promised to make the night unforgettable.
- Chaos In The Monster's Ball Match: Last weekend at Impact Bound For Glory, Grado battled Abyss in a Monster's Ball Match. Laurel Van Ness gets involved, low blows Grado and pounds on him while he's down, for breaking off their marriage. The lights go out and return with Rosemary in the ring. Rosemary mists Laurel in the face then tries to talk down Abyss, who goes after her. It works as Rosemary goes to help Abyss by misting Grado. Grado ducks and Rosemary mists Abyss on accident. Abyss is able to fight off a pinfall and finishes Grado off with the Black Hole Slam on barbed wire for the win.
- Sami Callihan Debuts In Impact: Last weekend at Impact Bound For Glory, oVe promised us that they would bring family of their own to battle LAX in the 5150 Street Fight Match. Sami Callihan made his Impact Wrestling debut as he arrived and helped oVe defeat LAX to retain the tag titles.
- New Champion Crowned: Gail Kim was able to do what she said she was going to do at Impact Bound For Glory. Gail Kim defeated Sienna and Allie in a Triple Threat Match to become the new Impact Knockouts Champion.
- American Top Team Get Their Revenge: American Top Team made sure that they got involved during the Six Sides Of Steel Cage Match between their clients Bobby Lashley and King Mo vs. Moose and Stephan Bonnar at Impact Bound For Glory. ATT was able to get into the cage and beat down Bonnar, while Moose was locked outside. Moose was able to climb the cage, leap off and onto ATT inside the cage. Moose's save wasn't good enough though as Lashley hits a spear for the victory.
- Alberto El Patron Makes Good On His Promise: Earlier in the evening at Impact Bound For Glory, Alberto El Patron promised that he would make the night unforgettable. El Patron arrived during the Johnny Impact vs. Eli Drake match for the Impact World Heavyweight Championship. El Patron pulled the referee out of the ring, stopping Impact from getting the pinfall. El Patron hit Impact in the head with a steel chair and then hit Drake in the head with his own world title. El Patron then laid Drake on top of Impact, which allowed Drake to get the victory to retain the title.
** Bound For Glory Quick Results **
- "Impact X Division Championship, Six Pack Challenge Match": Trevor Lee (c) defeated Petey Williams, Dezmond Xavier, Matt Sydal, Sonjay Dutt and Garza Jr.
- Taiji Ishimori defeated Tyson Dux.
- "Monster's Ball Match": Abyss defeated Grado.
- Team Impact (Eddie Edwards, EC3 and James Storm) defeated Team AAA (El Hijo del Fantasma, Pagano and Texano) in a Six Man Tag Team Match.
- "Impact World Tag Team Championship, 5150 Street Fight Match": oVe (c) defeated LAX to retain the titles.
- "Impact Knockouts Championship, Triple Threat Match": Gail Kim defeated Sienna (c) and Allie to win the title.
- "Six Sides Of Steel Cage Match": Bobby Lashley and King Mo defeated Moose and Stephan Bonnar.
- "Impact World Heavyweight Championship Match": Eli Drake (c) defeated Johnny Impact to retain the title.
*** RING OF HONOR ***
** ROH TV Episode 320 Recap **
- Mark Briscoe Injury: Originally this week Mark Briscoe was set to battle Kenny King for the ROH Television Championship. However, due to an elbow injury that match has been cancelled and will take place on a later date.
- The Kingdom Demand ROH World Tag Team Title Shots: The Kingdom defeated Coast To Coast and The Dawgs this week in a Triple Threat Match, to kick off this week's show. The Kingdom demand a tag team title shot against The Motor City Machine Guns due to a past pinfall victory over Chris Sabin. The Kingdom state that there's a conspiracy within the company against them that is also keeping them out of the title picture.
- Cody Rhodes Gives Out Another Title Shot: ROH World Champion Cody Rhodes announced that he would give a title shot to the man everyone wants to see Cody face tonight, which got the fans pumped for Dalton Castle. However, Cody brings out ROH trainee Ryan Nova and gives him a title shot instead. Cody makes Nova tap quick to the American Death Lock submission. Dalton Castle appears after the match and demands a title shot. Cody tells Castle to go hang out with his buddies in NXT, prompting Castle to deck Cody with a punch.
- The Addiction Continue To Ruin ROH: The main event of the show saw The Motor City Machine Guns defend the ROH World Tag Team Championship against War Machine. War Machine looked to be on their way to winning the titles when suddenly Christopher Daniels and Kazarian interrupted the match and shot Hanson in the face with silly string. Sabin rolled up Hanson and got the pinfall to retain the titles.
*** NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING ***
** NJPW Power Struggle Highlights **
- Chris Jericho Challenges Kenny Omega: Last weekend during the NJPW Power Struggle pay per view, Chris Jericho made a surprise appearance on the big screen and challenged Kenny Omega to a match at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 12 in January. Kenny Omega accepted Jericho's challenge.
- NJPW Returning To The States: During NJPW Power Struggle it was announced that NJPW plans to return to the U.S. on March, 25th 2018, in Long Beach, California at the Walter Pyramid.
- Switchblade Revealed: After weeks of build up to a mysterious wrestler named Switchblade debuting soon. NJPW Power Struggle saw Switchblade revealed to be Jay White, who immediately challenged Hiroshi Tanahashi for a shot at his IWGP Intercontinental Championship at a later date, which Tanahashi accepted.
- New Champion Crowned: This past weekend at NJPW Power Struggle, Marty Scurll defeated Will Ospreay to become the new IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion.
* NJPW Power Struggle Quick Recap *
- David Finlay defeated Katsuya Kitamura.
- The Young Bucks defeated Titan and Dragon Lee.
- Juice Robinson, Tiger Mask IV, Jushin Thunder Liger, Kushida and Hirai Kawato defeated Zack Sabre Jr, El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Taichi and Taka Michinoku in a Ten Man Tag Team Match.
- Togi Makabe, Satoshi Kojima and Hiroyoshi Tenzan defeated Cody Rhodes, Chase Owens and Yujiro Takahashi in a Six Man Tag Team Match.
- "Super Junior Tag Team Tournament Finals Match": Roppongi 3K (SHO and YOH) defeated Ryusuke Taguchi and ACH to win the tournament.
- Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, Yoshi-Hashi and Gedo defeated Tetsuya Naito, Evil, Sanada, Bushi and Hiromu Takahashi in a Ten Man Tag Team Match.
- "NEVER Openweight Championship, Bullrope Match": Minoru Suzuki (c) defeated Toru Yano to retain the title.
- "IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Match": Marty Scurll defeated Will Ospreay (c) to win the title.
- "IWGP United States Championship Match": Kenny Omega (c) defeated Baretta to retain the title.
- "IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match": Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) defeated Kota Ibushi to retain the title.
- Wrestle Kingdom 12 Card So Far: NJPW announced the following card so far for Wrestle Kingdom 12 in January.
- Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito (IWGP Heavyweight Championship)
- Kenny Omega (c) vs. Chris Jericho (IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship)
- Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Jay White (IWGP Intercontinental Championship)
- Marty Scurll (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi vs. KUSHIDA vs. Will Ospreay (IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship)
- Roppongi 3K (SHO and YOH) (c) vs. The Young Bucks (IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship)
- Cody Rhodes (c) vs. Kota Ibushi (ROH World Championship)
*** ICW ***
- Triple H Surprise Appearance: Last weekend Triple H made a surprise appearance alongside WWE United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunne at an Insane Championship Wrestling live show. Triple H made the special appearance to thank the crowd and talk about promotions outside of WWE. Triple H stated the following:
"This is where our business starts, every single night in a place like this, with guys like this, and a group like ICW. That's where it goes, ICW, PROGRESS, places like that, that's where you see this stuff grow. That's where you see it start. That's where you see it boil up."
And that's this week's W3C! Join me every Sunday afternoon as I bring you news, recaps and rumors all around the wrestling world!