Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE, brings you the RAW Recap for the week.
This week RAW was live in Detroit, Michigan. As Wrestlemania 33 gets closer, Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman prepare for the WWE Universal Championship Match against Goldberg. RAW GM Mick Foley is ordered by Stephanie McMahon that he must fire a RAW talent by the end of the show. Who did Foley choose? Sasha Banks battled Dana Brooke in one on one Women's Division action. TJ Perkins and Akira Tozawa battled Brian Kendrick and Tony Nese in Cruiserweight Division tag team action. Sami Zayn and Chris Jericho teamed up to battle Kevin Owens and Samoa Joe. Enzo and Big Cass battled Sheamus and Cesaro in a #1 Contenders Match. Roman Reigns battled Jinder Mahal in a one on one match. Austin Aries battled Ariya Daivari in one on one Cruiserweight Division action. Big Show battled Titus O'Neil in a one on one match. WWE RAW Women's Champion Bayley battled Nia Jax in a one on one non title match.
** RAW **
- Backstage, Stephanie McMahon promises to teach Mick Foley things she's learned over the years that made her the boss she is today. Stephanie says Foley's first test will be to go over the RAW roster and fire the worthless talent so they can improve RAW. Stephanie gives Foley till the end of the show to make his final decision.
Winner: Sasha Banks, by pinfall.
- It's announced that Rutgers Football stand out Eric LeGrand will receive the 2o17 Warrior Award at the WWE Hall of Fame.
Winners: Brian Kendrick and Tony Nese, by pinfall.
- Backstage, WWE RAW World Tag Team Champions Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson state that they don't care who wins the #1 Contenders Match tonight because the spotlight belongs on The Club.
Winners: Sami Zayn and Chris Jericho, by DQ.
- Backstage, Stephanie McMahon offers to help Mick Foley pick someone to fire and suggests Sami Zayn. Nia Jax appears and demands justice against Sasha Banks. Stephanie agrees that Nia deserves the spotlight and gives her a non title match against WWE RAW Women's Champion Bayley.
- Backstage, Jinder Mahal approaches Mick Foley and is worried he's getting fired. Foley puts Mahal in a match against Roman Reigns.
- Backstage, The New Day introduce their new talk show New Day Talks and interviews Big Show about his new Jetsons cartoon movie. Titus O'Neil interrupts, says he doesn't care about The New Day's talk show, or Big Show, he just wants to talk about The Titus Brand. Titus shoves Show and walks off.
Winners: No Contest.
- Backstage, Mick Foley confronts Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson and isn't happy with what they did. Foley threatens to fire both of them no matter if they're champions or not. Foley announces that The Club will defend their titles at Wrestlemania 33 against both Enzo and Big Cass and Sheamus and Cesaro.
- Jinder Mahal vs. Roman Reigns: The match closes out with The Undertaker's gong going off and distracting Reigns. Mahal tries to take advantage, but eventually eats a Superman Punch from Reigns and Reigns scores the pinfall.
Winner: Roman Reigns, by pinfall.
- Backstage, Mick Foley tries to talk Stephanie McMahon out of firing someone. Stephanie again says Foley needs to pick someone or she'll pick someone for him and he won't like it.
Winner: Austin Aries, by pinfall.
Winner: Big Show, by pinfall.
- Backstage, Sasha Banks tells Bayley that Nia Jax is beatable and not to listen to the people that think she's not championship material. Sasha wishes her luck and can't wait to steal the show with Bayley at Wrestlemania 33.
- Backstage, Chris Jericho says next week he's having a special Highlight Reel and he's going to tell the world about the REAL Kevin Owens.
Winner: Bayley, by DQ.