Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE brings you the Weekend 3 Count. W3C brings you wrestling news, rumors and recaps from around the wrestling world. You'll find news and recaps involving WWE, NXT, TNA, ROH, Lucha Underground, GFW, NJPW, House of Hardcore and any Indy promotion that I find an interesting story or a cool discovery in. Be sure to check out the W3C every Sunday at @TripleThreatCLE.
*** WWE ***
- Demolition Comment On The New Day: Ax and Smash of Demolition were interviewed this week and asked what they thought of The New Day breaking their longest reigning tag team championship record. Ax and Smash stated the following:
Smash: I just watched 61, the movie about Roger Maris beating Babe Ruth’s homerun record. I’ve heard New Day are good guys, and I hope they continue to do great.
Ax: Someone eventually had to beat the record. That’s what records are for, I’m happy for The New Day. They are an exciting young team.
- Who Should Defeat The New Day Now?: With The New Day officially breaking Demolition's longest tag team championship reign record it should only be a matter of time now until New Day is finally defeated. A top 5 list surfaced this week of 5 teams that WWE fans would like to see beat The New Day for the titles.
#5: Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins
#4: Sheamus and Cesaro
#3: Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson
#2: Enzo and Big Cass
#1: NXT's The Revival
"How will the U.K. championship work? Will it be defended within Britain at partner shows like Revolution Pro, or will it become part of WWE’s television output like the other championships? We’re seeing what this will become. It’s not a science yet. The hope is it becomes its own weekly show, based out of the U.K., with U.K. talent. Those talents will still be able to perform within the [independent companies] RevPros, ICWs and Progress’s. As those talents are working [in the U.K.] and moving up [in the industry], we’re helping RevPro, ICW and Progress to grow and help cultivate their talent pool as well. Before it was a pipedream that you’d make it beyond the U.K. or the indie scene to the WWE. Now there’s a clear path to do it."
- Brock Lesnar UFC News: Sources have said that Brock Lesnar has been suspended for one year for his two failed drug tests related to his UFC 200 win over Mark Hunt earlier this year. The punishment was handed down on Thursday by the Nevada Athletic Commission. Lesnar will be able to return to MMA in 2017. Lesnar also agreed to pay a $250,000 fine as part of a settlement with the Nevada attorney general's office. Lesnar's win over Hunt will also be overturned into a No Contest.
- Booker T Running For Mayor: WWE Hall of Famer Booker T officially announced his plans to run for Mayor of Houston, Texas in 2020. Booker officially made the announcement during his "Heated Conversations" radio show on Saturday night, which airs on Sports Radio 610, according to CBS Houston. Booker has stated that he has been getting tips from Rhyno, who also ran for a political office, on how to prepare for a political running.
RAW and SmackDown Live both came together to celebrate the 14th annual edition of WWE's Tribute to the Troops, honoring the Armed Forces of the United States for the holidays. Tonight's event was live in our nation's capital of Washington D.C.
-- Stephanie and Shane McMahon Promo: The siblings open the show and say that they are putting their differences aside tonight for this very special show. Highlight clips of previous Tribute to the Troops shows are shown.
-- Lillian Garcia sings the National Anthem which leads to a "USA" chant from the fans.
-- Roman Reigns Promo: Reigns says he's proud to be the WWE United States Champion, but the troops are the real heroes. Kevin Owens interrupts and thinks it's great that he gave thanks to the troops, but Reigns forgot to thank Owens for carrying RAW. Owens doesn't care about the troops and says if Reigns' title would've been on the line at WWE Roadblock, Owens would win it and put a Canadian maple leaf on it. Rusev and Lana interrupt next and talks about how superior Bulgaria is compared to the U.S. Rusev wants to crush Reigns like he did to Enzo, which brings out Big Cass who helps Reigns fight off Owens and Rusev.
-- Mick Foley announces Roman Reigns and Big Cass vs. Kevin Owens and Rusev for tonight's main event.
-- "#1 Contenders Fatal Four Way Match": Sheamus and Cesaro vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson vs. The Golden Truth vs. The Shining Stars: The match closes out with Cesaro hitting a corkscrew plancha to the outside and then delivers an uppercut and a cross body on Primo. Epico stops a Cesaro Swing, but Sheamus tags in, hits the Brogue Kick and scores the pinfall, making Sheamus and Cesaro the new #1 Contenders.
-- Video highlights are shown of the WWE Superstars visit with the troops.
-- The Miz and Maryse Promo: Miz says he's honored to be an inspiration to all of the troops as the star of The Marine movie franchise. Miz throws out an open challenge to anyone on the Smackdown Live roster and gets interrupted by Comedian Gabriel Iglesias. Iglesias cracks jokes on The Miz and then announces that Apollo Crews is answering Miz's challenge and Iglesias will be Crews' manager tonight.
-- The Miz vs. Apollo Crews: The match closes out with Miz hitting corner dropkicks and mocking Daniel Bryan. Crews counters Miz's running corner clothesline and drops Miz with a shoulder toss. Iglesias distracts Miz and Maryse both as he starts taking selfies with them in the background. Crews catches Miz on the distraction, rolls Miz up and scores the pinfall. After the match, Miz says Crews and Iglesias can celebrate all they want because Miz is still the WWE Intercontinental Champion.
-- "Six Man Tag Team Match": American Alpha and Dolph Ziggler vs. The Wyatt Family: The match closes out with Ziggler sending Harper into the turnbuckle and hot tags Gable. Gable hits a cross body on Harper, but gets planted by Bray, as Gable tried a top rope cross body on him. Bray tags Orton in and they hit Sister Abigail followed by the RKO for the pinfall.
- Backstage, Bayley is with a military service dog. Charlotte and Dana Brooke interrupt and make fun of the dog. Bayley compares Dana to a dog by referring to her as a bitch and it leads to a match between the two next.
-- Bayley vs. Dana Brooke: The match closes out with Charlotte trying to help Dana, by pulling her out of a Bayley corner attack. The distraction fails as Bayley hits Bayley To Belly on Dana and scores the pinfall.
-- "Six Man Tag Team Match": TJ Perkins, Rich Swann and Jack Gallagher vs. Brian Kendrick, Tony Nese and Drew Gulak: The match closes out with Perkins hitting a cross body and tagging in Swann. Swann and Gallagher unload on Kendrick. Swann hits the Swann Song and scores the pinfall.
-- Video highlights of Triple H and Stephanie McMahon visiting the wreath of the unknown soldier are shown.
-- Backstage, The New Day are celebrating their now longest reigning tag team championship run. AJ Styles, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson interrupt and brag about everything they've accomplished over the years in The Bullet Club. Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins interrupt next and brag about how dominant The Shield was.
-- Roman Reigns and Big Cass vs. Kevin Owens and Rusev: The match closes out with Cass tagging in and unloading on Owens and Rusev until Lana distracts him, by shoving Enzo into the ring steps. Cass counters the Owens Cannonball with a big boot. Reigns tags in and hits a Samoan Drop on Rusev. Reigns counters the thrust kick from Rusev, hits the spear and scores the pinfall. Reigns, Cass and Enzo celebrate with the troops to end the show.
** 205 Live Recap **
The main event saw the WWE Cruiserweight Champion Rich Swann battle TJ Perkins in a non title one on one match.
-- Jack Gallagher vs. Drew Gulak: The match closes out with Gulak countering an attempted Gallagher exploder suplex. Gulak lands a sunset flip on Gallagher and gets a near fall. Gallagher comes back with a head butt on Gulak and nails a corner drop kick to score the pinfall.
-- Backstage, Rich Swann tells TJ Perkins that he might have been right when Perkins said Swann was lucky. Perkins says they're friends now, but they won't be later tonight and at WWE Roadblock.
-- Backstage, Jack Gallagher is willing to bury the hatchet with Ariya Daivari, but Daivari says their feud is far from over.
-- TJ Perkins vs. Rich Swann: The match closes out with Swann countering the Detonation Kick and gets a near fall Tiger Bomb on Perkins. Perkins counters the Standing 450 Splash and Swann counters a leg lariat. Perkins catches Swann in the knee bar submission and forces Swann to tap out. After the match, Brian Kendrick arrives and sarcastically applauds both men. Perkins super kicks Kendrick to end the show.
*** NXT ***
- Nigel McGuinness Taking Performance Center Job?: Nigel McGuinness stepped down from being the ROH matchmaker recently. McGuinness is expected to sign with the WWE for a coaching job at the WWE Performance Center soon.
- Injury Scare: Cedric Alexander suffered a near fatal injury this past week at an NXT Live show. According to those in attendance, during his win over Dan Matha, Cedric moved from the corner to avoid a running clothesline, but something went wrong and they quickly went to the finish, which saw Cedric win with the Lumbar Check. It was noted that Cedric looked like he had been knocked loopy, perhaps off the pre-corner move. After the pin, the referee threw up the dreaded "X" symbol and a trainer ran out from the back. Recent updates have stated that Cedric appears to be alright.
*** TNA Impact Wrestling ***
This week's TNA Impact was the special Total Nonstop Deletion episode from Cameron, North Carolina at the Hardy Compound. Broken Matt Hardy threw out an invitation to any wrestler in any promotion to show up on his show.
-- The show kicked off with Senoŕ Benjamin reading a disclaimer in Spanish, stating to not try this at home and no drones were harmed in the making of this show.
-- A highlight video plays. Reby Hardy plays Obsolete on the piano, Broken Matt Hardy rides on Scarsguard, Brother Nero carves his symbol on the Hardy Compound grounds, Senoŕ Benjamin prepares explosives and King Maxel stands in the ring.
-- An Action News Video plays warning all to stay indoors during the Apocalypto Tag Team Championship Match later tonight. A live on scene reporter gets chased off the grounds by Itchweed.
-- "No DQ Match": King Maxel vs. Rockstar Spud: Senoŕ Benjamin tazors Spud from behind, laying Spud out. King Maxel crawls on top of Spud and scores the pinfall, beating Spud in 16 seconds.
-- Backstage, Disco Inferno appears and says he's glad things changed because he was supposed to wrestle King Maxel.
-- An Action News Video plays showing The Helms Dynasty arriving in their pickup truck. Helms tells the on site reporter to "Stand back cause they're coming through".
-- The Rock and Roll Express arrive and knock on The Hardy's door. Ricky Morton thanks God for crazy people like he and Matt Hardy and then asks for a beer.
-- Sienna Promo: Sienna challenges anyone to come out to face her. Vanguard 1 the drone flies to the ring, however, the referee refuses to let a drone fight a lady and kicks Vanguard 1 out of the ring. Sienna rephrases her challenge to anyone that is a person. A food truck is shown outside and out pops ODB who's heading to the ring.
-- Sienna vs. ODB: The match closes out with Sienna accidentally knocking out the referee. Sienna kicks ODB and then grabs a steel chair. Sienna swings, misses and hits herself on the rope ricochet. ODB covers and Vanguard 1 flies into the ring to make the count. The referee wakes up and stops Vanguard 1 from counting. Sienna hits The Silencer on ODB during the distraction and scores the pinfall. After the match, ODB grabs Vanguard 1 and rubs her massive chest on it.
-- Backstage, The Helms Dynasty inform Broken Matt Hardy that they are here to enter the Apocalypto Tag Team Championship Match. Matt tells "Scribe" that someone is going into the Lake of Reincarnation tonight and it will be the most appaling reincarnation ever seen. Matt tells Helms that he can't wait to make The Helms Dynasty obsolete.
-- "Hardy House Rules Match": Itchweed vs. Chet Sterling: The match closes out with Itchweed hitting a flying elbow and putting Sterling through a table. Itchweed then hits the Pesticide Elbow on Sterling and scores the pinfall. After the match, Itchweed grabs his weed whacker and uses it on Chet Sterling, chopping up his pink vest.
-- A Video Highlight is shown of Broken Matt Hardy and Brother Nero, where Matt is training his kangaroo Smoking Joe at his personal zoo on the compound grounds.
- "TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match": Eddie Edwards (c) vs. Bobby Lashley: The match closes out with Edwards sending Lashley outside. Edwards goes for a hurricanrana off the apron, but Lashley catches Edwards and Lashley power bombs Edwards into the crowd, taking out a few fans. Edwards and Lashley brawl through the crowd, out to the entrance way and towards the backstage area. Lashley hits a spear on Edwards that sends them both through a wall, where they both land outside. Lashley and Edwards appear to continue to brawl around the Hardy Compound, however, it appears the match has ended in a No Contest.
- "TNA World Tag Team Championship, Apocalypto Open Challenge Match": The Hardy's (c) vs. The Decay vs. The Rock and Roll Express vs. The Helms Dynasty vs. The DCC vs. Rockstar Spud and Swoggle vs. The Bravado Brothers: This match was so crazy and action packed that I'm just going to say that The Hardy's retain their titles and you can check out the video to see how it all broke down.
TNA's random unimportant special event, One Night Only, was shown this past week on pay per view. The main event saw Mike Bennett battle TNA World Heavyweight Champion Eddie Edwards one on one.
-- Trevor Lee vs. Braxton Sutter: The match closes out with Sutter landing strikes on Lee and gets a near fall power slam. Sutter hits a neck breaker for another near fall. Lee comes back with an elbow and a german suplex. Sutter with a knee and yet another near fall neck breaker. Lee counters a rollup and hits Gods Gift on Sutter for the pinfall.
-- Rosemary vs. Jade: The match closes out with Rosemary hitting a capture suplex and gets repeated near fall attempts on Jade. Jade counters Red Wedding with a tornado DDT for a near fall. Rosemary spits mist in Jade's face and steals the rollup pinfall.
-- Grado vs. Eli Drake: The match closes out with Drake applying a chinlock, which Grado escapes and hits a jawbreaker. Grado unloads jabs, elbows, a hurracanrana and a corner cannonball on Drake. Drake counters a choke slam and hits a stunner on Grado for the pinfall.
-- James Storm vs. Robbie E: The match closes out with Storm hitting an enziguri and then a hurracanrana on Robbie. Robbie plants a near fall tornado DDT on Storm. Robbie misses a high risk move, but counters Last Call for a near fall cradle pin. Storm pops back up and hits Last Call for the pinfall.
-- Bobby Lashley vs. Jessie Godderz: The match closes out with Godderz hitting an overhead suplex and then follows that up with a series of clotheslines on Lashley. Godderz hits an Angle Slam and followed that with a dropkick. Lashley returns, hits the spear on Godderz and scores the pinfall.
-- Mahabali Shera vs. Aiden O'Shea: The match closes out with O’Shea applying a chinlock on Shera. O’Shea misses a charge at Shera, allowing Shera to nail a clothesline on O'Shea and follow that with a slam. Shera locks in the camel clutch submission and forces O'Shea to tap out.
-- Bram vs. Moose: The match closes out with Moose hitting a bicycle kick on Bram and then a drop kick, sending Bram outside. Both men brawl on the floor and both end up taking a double count out. After the match, Moose ends up laying out Bram.
-- Ethan Carter vs. Aron Rex: The match closes out with EC3 hitting a corner splash on Rex. Rex tries to walk out and take the count out, but EC3 drags Rex back to the ring. Rex misses his elbow finisher and gets laid out by Rex with the One Percenter for the pinfall.
-- Mike Bennett vs. Eddie Edwards: The match closes out with Bennett landing a boot on Edwards, but Edwards hits a stunner on Bennett for a near fall. Bennett counters a double foot stomp and gets a near fall cutter. Bennett grabs a steel chair, swings at Edwards, but misses and accidentally hits himself in the face on a top rope ricochet. Edwards scores the pinfall on a rollup to end the show.
- Broken Matt Hardy Makes A Proposition: Broken Matt Hardy was interviewed recently and he stated that if The Young Bucks would've shown up at Total Nonstop Deletion, he and Jeff Hardy would've cut a deal with ROH and shown up at one of their shows. Hardy also made the same proposition to the WWE and The New Day. If New Day would've shown up at Total Nonstop Deletion then he and Jeff Hardy would've cut a deal with WWE and would've done an episode of RAW. Hardy stated that the wrestling business today needs talent trade offs to build their promotions.
- Tigre Uno Leaves Company: Former TNA X Division Champion Tigre Uno announced on Twitter that he has parted ways with TNA. He also changed his name on his Twitter account to Xtreme Tiger, which is the name he used in AAA in Mexico, making many believe he's headed back to AAA.
- WWE Interested In Eli Drake: According to sources, the WWE are interested in bringing in TNA wrestler Eli Drake after the success he's had in TNA so far. The only issue is the remainder of his contract status is unknown and the WWE is unsure of when they can make Drake an offer. Drake was under a WWE Performance Center contract at one time under the name Slate Randall, however, WWE released Drake due to his unnecessary Twitter comments and an email he sent out that ruined his WWE chances.
*** Ring of Honor ***
** ROH TV Recap **
This week's show centered around the Women of Honor in ROH.
-- Deanna Purrazzo vs. Candice LeRae: The match closes out with Deanna applying the Fujiwara armbar submission, but Candice made the ropes. Candice hits a double foot stomp for a near fall. Candice hits two drop kicks, but misses the third attempt on Deanna. Deanna locks in the Fujiwara armbar submission and forces Candice to tap out.
-- Sumie Sakai and Faye Jackson vs. Veda Scott and Kennadi Brink: The match closes out with Kennadi locking in an Anaconda Vice submission on Faye and forcing her to tap out.
-- Mandy Leon vs. Jessica Havok: The match closes out with Jessica grabbing a steel chair and looking to use it on Mandy. Deanna Purrazzo who was at ringside grabs the chair away from Jessica and distracts her long enough for Mandy to get the rollup pinfall on Jessica. After the match, Jessica gets ahold of both Mandy and Deanna and lays out both girls with a choke slam.
-- ODB vs. Kellie Klein: The match closes out with ODB going for a fallaway slam on Kellie, but Kellie counters and locks in a guillotine choke submission. ODB refuses to tap out and ends up passing out, forcing the referee to stop the match. This closed out this weeks show.
- Nigel McGuinness Steps Down: This week it was announced that Nigel McGuinness has stepped down from his ROH matchmaker position. It's being said that ROH made this decision due to McGuinness possibly taking a coaching job at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando.
*** Lucha Underground ***
** Lucha Underground TV Recap **
This week's show held two more Battle of the Bulls Tournament matches to decide who meets in the Finals next week.
-- "Battle of the Bulls, Fatal Four Way Tournament Match": Killshot vs. Dante Fox vs. Mariposa vs. Jeremiah Crane: The match closes out with Mariposa hitting a stunner and the Butterfly Effect on a steel chair for a near fall. Crane hits a bicycle kick on Mariposa and Fox hits a neck breaker on Crane. Fox hits a springboard C4 for a near fall. Crane counters a Fox 450 Splash with a boot and then hits a piledriver on Fox to score the pinfall. After the match, Killshot seeks revenge and beats down Fox.
-- Backstage, Taya films PJ Black and Jack Evans. Johnny Mundo instructs them to win their Battle of the Bulls Match and if they don't then Mundo might need to find new members of their Worldwide Underground Faction.
-- Kobra Moon vs. Drago: The match closes out with Drago taking out Moon with a side kick and a front face slam. One of Moon's henchman toss Drago off the top rope, DQ'ing Moon. After the match, another henchmen of Moon's hits a power bomb on Drago. Aerostar and Fenix hit the ring and take out the henchmen. Vibora hits the ring, bicycle kicks Aerostar and Fenix and then double choke slams them. Vibora grabs Drago and hits him with a Tombstone piledriver.
-- Backstage, Sexy Star and Mariposa brawl because Sexy thinks Mariposa put a spider in her locker. Sexy swings at Mariposa, but misses and puts her hand through a wall.
-- El Dragon Azteca Jr. is visiting his mentor Rey Mysterio Jr. Rey apologizes for Matanza Cueto attacking and Azteca thanks Rey for his training. Azteca plans to use his training to defeat Matanza, but Rey is skeptical that Azteca could win. Azteca doesn't care about winning, this is about his legacy and he plans to end Matanza’s life. This closed out this weeks show.
*** New Japan Pro Wrestling ***
- New Los Ingobernables de Japan Member: This past week, Himoru Takahashi (formerly known as Kamaitachi), joined with Los Ingobernables de Japon, after a mid match attack that cost KUSHIDA and Hiroshi Tanahashi their tag team match at last weekend's World Tag Team League.
*** EVOLVE Wrestling ***
The main event of EVOLVE 74 saw Chris Hero battle Dick Togo.
-- Drew Gulak vs. Jaka: The match closes out with Gulak getting the Gu-Lock submission applied, but Jaka reaches the ropes. Jaka gets a near fall Chokebomb and dares Gulak to get up. Gulak does get up, hits a suplex into a piledriver and then reapplies the Gu-Lock submission. Jaka can't escape this time as the referee stops the match, with Jaka passing out.
-- Drew Gulak Promo: After the match, Gulak says that Catch Point was always a failure of a faction and the only thing he cares about now is winning the WWN Championship. Hot Sauce Williams interrupts and says that he once won and lost the tag team titles with Gulak, but didn't dwell on the loss, he teamed with Fred Yehi and won them back. Gulak and Williams go face to face that ends with Gulak patting Williams on the face and walking out.
-- Chris Dickinson vs. DUSTIN: The match closes out with DUSTIN hitting the Awful Waffle on Dickinson to score the pinfall.
-- Brian Cage vs. Darby Allin: The match closes out with Cage tossing Allin into the barricade and then hits a deadlift superplex on Allin in the ring for a near fall. Cage continues to destroy Allin with two powerbombs and an F-5. Cage hits a press slam on Allin from the ring to the outside stage. Allin tries to beat the count, but can't and gets counted out.
-- Ethan Page Promo: After the match, Page arrives and says let what just happened to Allin be a lesson. If you stick your nose in his business he can pay to have you eliminated. Page hands Cage an envelope of money and gets ready for his match next with Cody Rhodes. Page says he hates Cody's guts and Cody being on the independent circuit really is an American Nightmare.
-- Ethan Page vs. Cody Rhodes: The match closes out with Cody officially turning heel in EVOLVE now as he tosses Page into the referee on purpose and then hip tosses Page on top of the referee. Brian Cage and Darby Allin end up hitting the ring while the referee is down. Allin takes out Cage and then Cody takes out Allin. Page has a pinfall on Cody, but the referee is still knocked out. Cody kicks Page below the belt and hits the Cross Rhodes to score the pinfall as the referee comes to.
-- Jeff Cobb vs. Matt Riddle: The match closes out with Cobb hitting the Tour of the Islands on Riddle to score the pinfall.
-- Stokely Hathaway Promo: Hathaway feels sorry for Jeff Cobb and thinks he deserves to be happy. Hathaway says that Cobb is special, wants Cobb to join him and offers him a contract to do so. Cobb says the only contract he wants is one that states that he's receiving an EVOLVE World Championship Match.
-- "EVOLVE World Tag Team Championship Match": Catch Point (Fred Yehi and "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams)(c) vs. Peter Kaasa and Ricochet: The match closes out with Yehi locking in a guillotine choke submission on Kaasa. Kaasa escapes, hits a northern lights suplex and then a northern lights bomb. Williams is in, hits an underhook DDT and a lariat. Kaasa counters a crossface submission and plants Williams with an Olympic Slam. Kaasa misses a Shooting Star Press and Williams locks in the crossface submission. Kaasa taps out and Catch Point retain the titles.
-- Chris Hero vs. Dick Togo: The match closes out with Togo countering the rolling elbow with a boot and then plants Hero with a DDT. Hero counters a Pedigree, hits the rolling elbow and gets a near fall Tombstone. Togo gets back up, spits in Hero's face and gives him the bird. Hero and Togo exchange punches, until Togo hits a Pedigree for a near fall. Togo hits a series of super kicks on Hero, hits one more Pedigree and then a diving senton to finally score the pinfall.
-- Chris Hero Promo: Hero puts over Dick Togo and tells everyone to go watch his past matches. Hero then states that he's been wrestling everywhere for the past 18 years, has had a good 2016 and has wrestled with EVOLVE since the second show. DUSTIN suddenly interrupts Hero with a steel chair in his hand. DUSTIN mocks Hero, says he's had an even better 2016 than Hero and plans on taking Hero out when they meet one on one at EVOLVE 75. Hero slaps DUSTIN in the face and leaves the ring. DUSTIN throws down the steel chair and has a temper tantrum to end the show.
The main event saw ex Catch Point member Drew Gulak battle current Catch Point member Hot Sauce Williams.
-- Fred Yehi vs. Jeff Cobb: The match closes out with Yehi applying a sleeper submission on Cobb. Cobb escapes, but catches a strike. Yehi hits two straight german suplexes, but Cobb comes back with a gut wrench suplex. Yehi tries an octopus submission, but Cobb escapes, hits a head butt and then the Tour of the Islands to score the pinfall.
-- Drew Gulak Promo: After the match, Gulak arrives and again declares that Catch Point is dead and he's focusing on winning the WWN Championship. Gulak says he's beating Hot Sauce Williams tonight. Williams interrupts and adds a stipulation to their match. If Gulak loses to Williams, than Gulak is banned from the WWN Championship Tournament. Gulak agrees, but says if Williams loses, than all three Catch Point members are banned from the tournament. Williams accepts and then catches a slap to the face by Gulak.
-- "If Jaka and Dickinson Win, They Win EVOLVE Contracts": Darby Allin and Peter Kaasa vs. Jaka and Chris Dickinson: The match closes out with Jaka and Dickinson hitting a double team superplex on Kaasa. Kaasa sends Jaka outside, then hits a hurracanrana on Dickinson. Jaka sends Kaasa outside, then hits a german suplex on Allin. Allin gets hit with the Doomsday Chokeslam and pinned, giving Jaka and Dickinson contracts to EVOLVE.
-- Dick Togo vs. Ethan Page: The match closes out with Togo hitting the pedigree on Page, but misses a top rope senton attempt. RKEGO by Page on Togo for a near fall. Page tries to steal Togo's Pedigree finisher, but Togo counters with a dropkick and then a superkick. Page hits the Spinning Dwayne on Togo and scores the pinfall. After the match, Page orders The Gatekeeper to attack Togo. Togo ends up clearing the ring.
-- Chris Hero vs. DUSTIN: The match closes out with DUSTIN getting a near fall victory roll. The referee almost goes down, allowing DUSTIN to land a cheap shot low blow on Hero for another near fall. DUSTIN goes for the Awful Waffle, but Hero escapes and trades kicks with DUSTIN. Hero hits a rolling elbow, a stuff piledriver and then finishes DUSTIN off for the pinfall with a Gotch Piledriver
-- Ricochet vs. Matt Riddle: The match closes out with Ricochet hitting a Shooting Star Press for a near fall. Riddle counters the Bennadryller, hits the Bro To Sleep on Ricochet and then gets a near fall jumping Tombstone. Riddle traps Ricochet in the Bro mission submission and makes Ricochet tap out.
-- Drew Gulak vs. Tracy Williams: The match closes out with Gulak and Williams trading shots on the top rope. Williams plants Gulak with a DDT into the turnbuckle, then hits a brainbuster. Williams locks in a crossface submission, but Gulak is able to escape. Gulak counters a superplex and traps Williams in the Dragon Sleeper submission. Williams escapes, traps Gulak in the crossface submission and after a good fight for survival, Gulak finally taps out.
-- Drew Gulak Promo: Gulak goes back on his words of calling Catch Point a failure. Gulak applauds Williams and says he, Fred Yehi and Matt Riddle are the reason the new version of Catch Point will be a success. Gulak and Williams shake hands as Chris Dickinson and Jaka hit the ring. Dickinson and Jaka ask if they can join Catch Point and Gulak says it's Williams call. Williams shakes hands with Dickinson and Jaka and it appears Catch Point is a five man group now as the show closes out.
*** House Of Hardcore ***
- Tommy Dreamer Upset With James Ellsworth: Tommy Dreamer recently took to social media this week and stated that James Ellsworth would not be at House of Hardcore 22 or 23 like originally planned this weekend and gave no reason why to Dreamer. Dreamer tweeted the following on Twitter:
"James Ellsworth screwed Dean Ambrose, myself & @HouseofHardcore he will not be there Sat NO POLITICS NO BS JUST WRESTLING & I'm very pissed"
*** Other ***
- Devon Dudley's Boys Win Gold: Last week, Devon Dudley's two sons, Terrence and Terrell, became the first team to win the CPW (CONQUER Pro Wrestling) Tag Team Championship last Saturday night at a live event in Sanford, Florida. Devon also made a special appearance at the show and got to see his boys win the titles in person.
- Alberto Del Rio In A Backstage Brawl: It was reported that Alberto Del Rio was involved in yet another backstage brawl at a IWRG show in Mexico this week. According to those present, while backstage, local lucha star Alan Xtreme (Rafy of Ninja Turtles) apparently either touched Del Rio or touched Del Rio's girlfriend Paige. The two started hitting each other and a brawl broke out, spilling over into a hallway that connects the locker room to a fan entrance way. Many fans witnessed what happened. Luchaworld reports that Alan is in bad shape but in stable condition. Luchablog also reported that Paige and Del Rio were seen drinking before the fight.
- Cryme Tyme Stopping Crime: Last week, former WWE superstar Shad Gaspard stopped into a gas station where he was confronted by a man. The man asked Gaspard to buy him a beer. Gaspard refused and the man pulled a gun on Gaspard, with the intentions of robbing Gaspard and the gas station. Gaspard took down the robber, taking the gun out of his hands, which turned out to be a BB gun and held the robber down until police arrived.
And that's this week's W3C! Join me every Sunday afternoon as I bring you news, recaps and rumors all around the wrestling world!